venerdì 7 novembre 2008

Pimpy Starlet! " the end of a creation is testing new material and comunicate an information

Do you remember when you were a little girl and you used to play with Barbies, creating your own little world with tiny plastic items?!!...well, I met a girl that makes this moments last forever. How does she do? Easy! She creates jewels and objects out of this stuff and, trust me, the result is fabulous. I met her and I asked some questions about her job.

• What’s your name?

Laura De Matteis, and my brand is called “Pimpi Starlet”.

• When did you start dealing with fashion?

Well, I decided to enroll to the fashion-design university in Rimini when I was 19-years-old. Here I practiced my creativity since I had the opportunity to organize fashion shows. In my spare time I began to make my own accessories, home-made and hand-made production. I wanted to create a unique serie, testing new materials but most of all using recycled objects.

• What is the idea behind your work?

I would say my lines could be placed between a romantic-nostalgic and an avant-garde style. What I really want to reach is holding down the relation between fashion and contemporary art.

• What are you working on at the moment?

I get involved in a lot of fashion expositions of younger designers and I collaborate with some boutiques in Rimini and London. I have also worked for Moschino and for Fast-fashion teddy as cool-hunter and liable to accessories.

• What did these two important experiences give you?

I grew up a lot because I had the opportunity to know what happens behind the scene of the fashion industry but I also understood how important and satisfying is producing your own lines characterized by quality and uniqueness.

• Where can we find your unique pieces?

You can find some of my works by Olivia in Rimini, by Tatters & co in Riccione, by Cokelicò in Cattolica, by Très Julie in Cesena, by Bon Bon shop in Lugo di Ravenna, by Apple Tree in London and coming soon in Paris by Dressing shop!

• Can you describe yourself in a sentence?

"Viviamo in un tempo ricco di immagini, meglio affrontarlo a ritroso,spostare gli oggetti da contenuti soliti in cui si trovano in modo da farli apparire nuovi e mai visti" (We live in a time full of images, it's better to face it backwards, moving objects from the usual contents to make them appear new and unseen) by Duchamp

Nessun commento: