mercoledì 24 settembre 2008

Sperzo: let's customize

The first time I saw Raffo, I was walking down las Ramblas in Barcelona in 2006. I was with my friends and we were coming back home I guess at 6 am when 4 guys from Naples came to us and started to talk. What impressed me most was that these guys had 4 unbelievable and never-seen pair of sneakers. I immediately asked one where he found those shoes and he said that one of them designed it just for fun. This guy is Raffaele Marone aka Sperzo, a normal guy from Naples who attends university of industrial design in Naples. He loves Graphics and design since he was a child and he started to customize sneakers when he was 16 years old! By the time we were in Barcelona he was already thinking about starting his own activity and choosing as a logo the tattoo he made in Barcelona: many stripes of colours parallel to one another . Now he studies and works in a streetwear shop in Naples , Junior, where he customizes sneakers and works on his first T-shirt line, came out last summer. He has also realized the ep cover of Calcutta Bubbles that was very successful on web and at the moment he is working on his autumn-winter line of sweatshirts under the Junior brand. When I asked him: “what is design for you??” he said:” design is creativity, future and hard work!” He is only 21 years old but I guess he has the energy and perseverance to emerge! If anybody is interested in his creations can buy them on this web site http://www.myspace.com/juniordotit . If you want to check out all his works you can visit his flickr and his myspace! here is the link: www.myspace.com/raffospe . http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=sperzo

Nessun commento: